Digital Recap: Spruce-Up Your Digital Presence for the Holidays
Connected TV (CTV) Advertising
Ross Benes, in his report for eMarketer on the topic, calls Connected TV “a surging channel in an uncertain year.” According to Benes’s report, ad spend on CTV in 2020 will total $8.11 billion and is set to more than double by 2024. That’s because CTV viewership is up, with older demographics catching up to younger audiences. Access the executive summary here, with the option to purchase the full report.
Further demonstrating CTV’s growth – Tim Peterson, in his article for Digiday, finds that YouTube viewers are increasingly watching content via CTV devices and engaging with content for longer average view times on CTV compared to mobile and desktop. Read more here.
Chances are, CTV is a channel you should consider for your brand. Learn more about the CTV opportunity with Location3, and contact us to get started!
Prep Now for CA’s CPRA with Advice from Digital Marketing and Technology Experts
California voters passed the California Privacy Rights and Enforcement Act, and the experts are recommending marketers start preparing now for this update. Greg Sterling tracked down concrete advice from marketing and technology industry experts in his piece for MarTech this week.
- Start with CCPA compliance. Simon Poulton, VP of Digital Intelligence at Wpromote, notes that the CPRA builds on what is covered by the CCPA, so full CCPA compliance is the recommended first step.
- Increase transparency. Kristina Podnar, digital policy consultant and author, suggests marketers focus on what data they collect, why it is collected, and how it is managed, and communicate these pieces to the user.
- Designate a privacy expert. Heidi Bullock, CMO at Tealium, recommends brands designate a role to understand the regulations and their business impact.
Read Sterling’s full article for more CPRA advice.
Digital Presence a Necessity this Holiday Season
The holidays are here, and this season, retailers will want to prioritize their digital presence. Adam Dorfman, writing for Search Engine Land, provides guidance on accommodating current shopping behavior with digital best practices. Among the advice shared:
- Make sure you are findable online, especially via Google My Business (GMB) listings. All sites and profiles, including social media, should be up-to-date with accurate location data and store hours.
- Promote holiday deals and events with GMB features like Posts.
- Be prepared for an increase in queries and messages on social media, GMB, and your website.
- Shoppers are even more likely to ship gifts this season, and “retailers that win the delivery wars will win the holidays.”
Read Dorfman’s piece for more holiday insights.
Stay In Touch.
Subscribe to our monthly email newsletter.